DEADLINE: 05 April 2023
Administrator: Office Support (x5 Positions): The South African Revenue Service
About the Position
An exciting opportunity is available for a forward thinking, self-motivated innovative and dynamic Office Administrator to work at Head Office, Pretoria. In this position you will be responsible for providing proactive administrative support to the management team, and requires strong organisational skills, strong business acumen and the ability to operate under limited supervision. The position is therefore seeking a dynamic individual with a high level of integrity, trust and discretion to contribute to the attainment of business unit objectives within the Customs Border Ops, Ports of Entry & Customs Compliance division.
To deliver office support tasks through the execution of pre-defined objectives as per agreed SOPs to increase operational quality and productivity.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Relevant Higher Certificate in Office Administration or Business Management related studies (NQF level 5) and 2 years’ Office Administration experience.
ALTERNATIVELY: Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 3 years’ Office Administration experience.
Minimum Functional Requirements
- Knowledge of Customs processes and procedures will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of SAP
- Assist with functional and administrative tasks and procedures relating to the functional area including arranging and coordination of Meetings, minute-taking, calendar management, and managing of MS Outlook emails and calendar.
- Assist and support management regarding various management, contractual and administrative tasks where relevant, with specific reference to consolidating reports and inputs on various matters, engaging with stakeholders, peers, management team and staff members.
- Ensure quality of work content, quick turnaround, prioritise, minimise mistakes and continuously improve quality, service and standards
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, SARS role players and third parties to achieve predefined objectives.
- Perform all administrative actions related to the area of accountability in line with relevant policies, processes, legislation and work instructions.
- Communication of transactional outputs and queries in area of work according to policies and quality requirements, including management of assets, upkeep of the office, travel arrangements and SAP transactions.
- Contribute to the development & improvement of area specific standards, procedures and processes to ensure continued quality and service improvement.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of change initiatives by providing support in area of work.
- Deliver on contracted performance objectives and escalate unresolved delivery and quality issues to management and process owners.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to identify and develop solutions that leads to improved service delivery and quality, including continuous willingness to learn, politeness, and professionalism
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of work.
- Report on transactional and process activities within set guidelines to provide timely information for decision making.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of work and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Drive own performance and development in order to achieve and improve on work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Adhere to specified policies, standards, legislation and procedures to prevent wastage on resources, unauthorised expenditure and wasteful expenditure and report violations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure client satisfaction by engaging and delivering a service that is consistent, seamless, quick and error free.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY FOR:
A) .Office Admin Jobs
C) General worker Jobs
E) Government Jobs
F) Jobs for All
G) Other jobs
- Fairness and Transparency
- Conceptual ability
- Honesty and Integrity
- Attention to detail
- Building Sustainability
- Administrative Support
- Service Delivery
- Functional Policies & Procedures
- Events, Meeting or Task Coordination
- Efficiency Improvement
- Standard operating procedure compliance
- Planning & Organising
- Record Maintenance
- Quality Control
- Communication skills
- Security Clearance: GOC Confidential
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE: Job Opening – 5 Positions for Office Support Administrators at the South African Revenue Service