Shoprite is calling on suitable candidates to apply for the Shoprite Environmental Sustainability Internship 2023 at its Cape Town offices in Western Cape. Be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
As the largest food retailer in Africa, Shoprite operates 2,843 stores in 15 countries in the African continent. This includes Shoprite outlets in the Indian Ocean Islands. In 2018, the retail giant employed 147,478 individuals. Shoprite’s corporate headquarters is located in Western Cape, South Africa. As a publicly listed company, Shoprite Holdings Ltd. trades in the Johannesburg Stock Exhange and owns secondary listings in the Zambian and Namibian Stock Exchange. Shoprite started out in 1979. Its outlet in Namibia opened in 1990.
The company expanded rapidly and acquired a good number of retail chains such as Checkers and distributor Sentra, to mention a few. The acquisition enabled the company to venture into franchising later on. It also bought OK Bazaars from South African Breweries, 146 adding furniture stores and 157 supermarkets while saving over 14,000 jobs. In 2018, Shoprite managed to rank 94th in Deloitte Global Powers of Retail Report of the biggest retailers in the world and is 62 spots ahead of its closest rival.
In addition, the Shoprite Group was able to improve total turnover to R145.3 billion, which is 3.1% higher in the 12 months of testing trading conditions. The company also posted a 2.7% positive volume growth and a 3.3% growth in customer base.
Shoprite Environmental Sustainability Internship 2023
The successful candidate will take on an Environmental Sustainability Internship role performing various tasks in support of the overall objectives of the Sustainability Department. These key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Implement waste segregation at the source within all sites
- Ensure 50% reduction of food waste by 2030
- Execute waste to landfill
- Improve waste and cardboard recycling
- Carry out store visits to collect information and data regarding particular topics including waste and energy usage
- Perform waste audits at different locations
- Conduct employee interviews regarding current processes/procedures
- Put together information and data and deliver in report format
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a diploma or degree in Environmental Management, Waste Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Science, or any relevant qualitication
- Completed Grade 12
- Preferably with experience in an FMCG or retail environment
- Experience in waste management is a definite advantage
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY FOR:
A) .Office Admin Jobs
C) General worker Jobs
E) Government Jobs
F) Jobs for All
G) Other jobs
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants are instructed to go to Shoprite’s website and create an account to be able to apply for the Shoprite Environmental Sustainability Internship 2023 intake programme. Be ready to upload your most current CV and other credentials.
Click the link below to get started:
Reference no: SHO230302-5
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 March 2023.