- Account for and reconcile all debtor transactions and records within the payment term period.
- Prepare for and ensure that all the required debtors’ transactional data (including month-end journals), are received on time and accurately captured into the debtor’s ledger and processed, whilst maintaining inflexible deadlines.
- Follow up on outstanding payments that are outside of normal terms.
- To identify and allocate all members liable (for customers) accounts.
- Review Month-Age Analysis and action the necessary corrective measures to limit doubtful debt.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system I.e., SAP Finance.
- Maintain the computerized accounting system and financial files and records.
- Maintain the accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all funds. Maintain and support customers with good customer etiquette on any job-related inquiries
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Financial Accounting or related field
- 1 years experience as a Debtors’ Reconciliation Clerk or similar role with in-depth knowledge of reconciling accounts, core administrative support, and processing of complex recon data
- Practical experience and in-depth knowledge of Debtors’ Accounting principles including general ledger and journals
- Retail cash reconciliation experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding and practice of good client care including telephone etiquette
- Demonstrates understanding of high-level accounting and mathematics
- Practical knowledge of O365 with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Practical experience in SAP Finance (Desired)